Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors
At Robert Dietrick Company (RDC), we provide exceptional loading dock equipment to keep your business running safely and efficiently. In business since 1969, we’ve spent decades building a reputation for excellence. Just ask any of our customers and they’ll be sure to tell you that RDC is the best loading dock equipment supplier around!
We stock a wide range of equipment including Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors, loading dock levelers, machine guarding, industrial fans, barrier safety systems, dock seals, modular buildings, dock shelters, vehicle restraints, lift tables, and more. Whatever loading dock equipment needs your company has, we can fill them.
If you’d like to talk to a member of our staff about your equipment requirements, just give us a call at 1-800-832-8314. We also offer complimentary dock surveys to help determine what solutions would work best for your business. All you have to do to get started is click on the “Free Dock Survey” button found at the top of this page.
More Information about Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors
At RDC, we get many clients who are in search of Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors for their businesses. Vertical reciprocating conveyors, or VRCs, are a piece of equipment that’s used to transport materials from one level to another.
Similar in appearance to elevators,Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors differ in that they primarily move materials instead of people. VRCs are often found in factories, warehouses, industrial plants, and other similar businesses that need to move a large quantity of product between floors.
Benefits of Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors
VRCs are a top choice for growing companies that need to move product quickly and safely from one floor to another. There are a number of benefits that come with the installation ofVertical Reciprocating Conveyors, including:
- Safety – Growing companies often resort to using forklifts to transport materials between levels, which can lead to safety issues. With VRCs, you’re reducing the risk of something going wrong and improving your safety outlook.
- Lower Cost – VRCs are a lot less expensive to purchase, install and operate than elevators are.
- Efficiency – It’s a lot faster and more efficient to move materials using vertical reciprocating conveyors instead of by forklift or manpower alone. Think of how much production time you can save when you invest in a VRC!
- Increased Loads – VRCs are capable of transporting very heavy loads – up to 100 tons! Can your forklift do that?
- Flexibility – It’s not just heavy loads that vertical reciprocating conveyors can handle; they’re actually capable of moving loads of various shapes, sizes, and weights. With forklifts, it’s best to have your load palletized. But VRCs can move whatever you’ve got, whether it’s on a pallet or not.
- Easier Maintenance – Compared to elevators and other similar equipment, vertical reciprocating conveyors are much easier to maintain.
- Small Footprint – If you’re pressed for space but need a safer, more efficient way to move products and materials between floors, then VRCs are a great way to go; their footprint is small so they won’t take up too much space in your factory or warehouse.
- Customizable – VRCs can be configured to fit into a variety of spaces. Just tell us the dimensions you have to work with, and we’ll find a solution that fits!
VRC Options We Offer
At Robert Dietrick Company, we pride ourselves on offering a variety of solutions to meet our customers’ wide-ranging needs. That’s why we provide multiple VRC options for you to choose from, such as:
- Mechanical Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors
Mechanical VRCs are driven by a chain/cable lifting system. These machines are beautifully designed for speed, efficiency, durability, and versatility; they can do it all.
Of course, the ability to work quickly and reliably comes at a price. But the amount of money you spend up front will be worth it for the higher cycle rates and long service life that you get in return.
- Hydraulic Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors
These VRCs are powered by hydraulic motors with actuating mechanisms. That means that they’re completely free of cables, chains, and bearings, which makes maintenance a lot simpler.
Not only are they easier to maintain, but hydraulic VRCs are also considered to be one of the safest ways to move materials from one floor to the next. And the simplicity of the design translates into a lower cost, making hydraulic VRCs a great option if you have a limited budget.
- Package Handling Lifts
If you only need to move smaller items, such as individual parts, totes, boxes, or sacks, then package handling lifts might be the best option for you. These compact pieces of machinery are modular in design, which allows them to be installed quickly and easily.
Call RDC to Find the Right Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors for Your Company
If you’d like to explore your VRC options more in depth, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-832-8314 or use the contact form on our site. We’d love to talk to you about your loading dock equipment needs!
Please contact us using a web form below.